Evening Courses - Fees
- General Information
- Fees for External Participants
- Fees for UCL and University of London Associates
- Funding for UCL Graduate Research Students
- Terms and Conditions
- Cancellation Policy
Our evening courses are open to UCL / University of London associates and external participants.
Cheques should be made payable to UCL.
Credit or debit card payments can be made over the phone (+44 (0) 20 7679 8738) or in person at the SSEES Evening Courses Office (Room 332, School of Slavonic and East European Studies, 16 Taviton Street, London WC1H 0BW).
Please note that if you indicate on your enrolment form that you wish to pay by debit or credit card, we will e-mail you when we receive your form and request payment within 7 days.
Each course consists of 30 lessons, which are delivered in 3 x 10-week terms.
UCL Students, who benefit from greatly reduced course fees, must enrol for a minimum of two terms. All other students are welcome to
on a termly basis (i.e. paying for 10 lessons at a time), or they can take advantage of our discounts by booking 2 terms (20 lessons) or 3 terms (30 lessons) in advance.
|One Term |
|Two Terms |
|£270 ||£520 ||£760
You will be expected to purchase a textbook for your course. This is not included in the course fee.
There are reductions for UCL and University of London students, staff and alumni. Please note that to qualify for the discount you will need to enclose proof of entitlement at the time of enrolment. (This should be a copy of a valid student, staff or alumni card, or a degree certificate.) A list of University of London centres can be found on: http://www.london.ac.uk/colleges_institutes
|UCL Alumni and Staff Relatives
|UCL Staff and Academic Visitors
|UoL Staff and Alumni
*Summer Term only. UCL Students enrolling in either the Autumn or the Winter Terms must enrol for a minimum of 2 terms (20 lessons).
Payment for each term is due at the time of enrolment, i.e. within the enrolment period and before the term starts. We cannot reserve any places before full payment has been received.
If your course fees are being paid by your employer, or by another institute or organization, you need to submit a Signed Sponsorship Document together with your enrolment (and if appropriate) assessment form. We will not be able to register you without proof of sponsorship. The document should be printed on your company's headed notepaper, and authorised by the relevant manager.
UCL Graduate Research Students may to the UCL Graduate School apply for funding to cover the course fees. Please note that the Graduate School will only consider funding Students who, after they have registered for their degree, unexpectedly find acquiring an additional foreign language is essential to carrying out their research. (Most students requiring languages will possess these language skills on entry to their degree programme). Please download the Graduate School Funding Form below and submit this to the Graduate School for consideration.
Graduate School Funding Form
- SSEES Evening Course Fees must be paid in full in advance.
- If a student informs SSEES, in writing, that s/he wishes to withdraw from an evening course two or more weeks before the start of term, their course fees will be refunded in accordance with our cancellation policy.
- If a student informs SSEES, in writing, that s/he wishes to withdraw from a course less than two weeks before the start of term, their course fees will not be refunded.
- No partial refund will be given for any classes not attended.
- Once a student has enrolled, it is not possible for them to defer.
- SSSEES cannot accept responsibility for any unforeseen changes in a student's circumstance that may prevent them from attending an evening course.
- SSEES reserves the right to cancel a course if the number of enrolments fails to reach the minimum number required to run a class. In the event of course cancellation all fees paid in advance will be refunded in full.
- SSEES reserves the right to replace an evening course tutor if unavoidable.
- SSEES Evening Course Students must be over 18 years of age.
If a student informs SSEES, in writing, that s/he wishes to withdraw from an evening course two or more weeks before the start of term, their course fees will be refunded in accordance with our cancellation policy.
If a student informs SSEES, in writing, that s/he wishes to withdraw from a course less than two weeks before the start of term, their course fees will not be refunded.
Because of the substantial subsidy offered to UCL students, we are unable to refund their course fees unless they have enrolled for a minimum of 3 terms in advance.
1. Refunds for students who registered for ONE TERM
2. Refunds for students who registered for TWO TERMS
3. Refunds entitlements for student who registered for THREE TERMS
This page last modified
Monday 4 February 2013.