Careers - Internships
June 2013 Internship Scheme
AKE Group is looking to recruit interns for its three month remote internship scheme, running from June until August. Applicants should have an excellent command of written English, a demonstrable background in international politics or security, and preferably be working towards a master's degree or equivalent experience. As this is a remote programme, applicants must have reliable internet access.
Please note that while this is an unpaid (voluntary) scheme, we aim to provide applicants with feedback and training as well as help and advice with future careers. In some cases remote interns will be able to interact with other departments in the wider AKE group. While the scheme is remote, successful candidates are encouraged to meet with analysts in London where possible.
Applicants should have a specialist interest in one of the following regions or areas, and should specify in the subject line of their application which desk they are applying for. Applications which do not state the specified area of interest will not be considered.
- Latin America
- Europe and Former Soviet Union
- Middle East and North Africa
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Piracy and maritime security
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Provision of analytical intelligence for a range of public and private sector clients;
- Provision of internal company reports and briefings;
- Assistance in updating AKE's online country intelligence services;
- Assistance in political risk consulting projects.
- Successful candidates should be specialists in one of the aforementioned regions or areas and specify such regional/area interest in their application;
- Candidates should only apply if they have sufficient spare time to contribute to the internship programme, usually around 10 hours per week;
- Candidates should have a familiarity with political, economic and security trends in the relevant region/area and must be able to produce clear and concise analysis of such events;
- Candidates will be working toward a bachelor's degree at the very least (but preferably educated to post-graduate level) in a relevant discipline. It would be advantageous to have some experience of the business sectors AKE works within;
- Knowledge of one or more relevant regional languages is preferable.
Email a CV, a short cover letter and a relevant writing sample of not more than 350 words to email@example.com. Please state your availability in the coming months and stress any regional or topical expertise. You will then be tasked to assess your suitability for the scheme. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 10 May.
This page last modified
Thursday 25 April 2013.